BaaBaaBet - Predictions DApp

Hi guys,

I recently bumped into baabaabet.xyz , a dapp built on Avalanche that lets you predict crypto prices but at the moment they seem pretty focused on the World Cup.

I was very impressed with the visuals and the incentives on the platform.

Besides earning from your bets (USDC-based), if you have a sheep NFT you earn $BAA tokens even for the lost bets.
According to their FAQ, there is reward pool DAO style to where 10% of the wagers goes, and that’s to be distributed for NFT holders and developers. Pretty cool economics for a NFT.

If anyone has further info its appreciated, ty!

6 Likes

Just tried it and lost my bet on Poland :rofl:
But the platform is super cool, easy to use but it takes some conditions to be able to mint your NFT.

I guess what sports they will add next after the world cup ends.

Good finding @Bigrider

2 Likes

Would bet on Portugal for tomorrow, but doesn’t support Core yet.
Hope to try it out when it does

1 Like

Can we bet who’s going to win the World Cup?

Btw, nice app, it’s want we need to have more fun dapps on Avax.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing our dapp here on the forum, really proud out what we are building and the nice feedbacks we’ve been receiving.

@Ivy we are looking at what sports our community likes the best, we heard a lot about Champions League so this one might be next.

@Tiago_S we are working on Core and I’ll let you know once its done, please feel to join our channel on discord to keep posted: Baa Baa Bet

2 Likes

That’s a cool type of predictions - also applies for other sports, we will keep that in mind :100:

1 Like

Joining! If you need any beta testing help, I’m in! :sunglasses:

1 Like

We’ve got you on top of the list bro :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I betted and really enjoyed it, beautiful!

1 Like

Guys, we are working on a new functionality that I would love your opinion.

The idea is to allow anyone to create their own predictions.
Say Peter wants to create a prediction “Will Trump win elections?” and post on the platform. It will require $BAA DAO tokens and/or $Sheep NFT.

Prototype
IMG_5928

Thoughts?

1 Like

“open-source” predictions seems great to me. However, I am more concerned about the oracle in use. Could you share some details about it?

1 Like

straight to the point!

The initial design works through a multisig whereby a few addresses are responsible to validate a certain outcome.
We plan to use the same approach for “open-source” predictions, but a neutral consensus-like architecture has to be considered so the validators/multisig are not let to fraud the result. There should also be a established council to resolve disputes in such events.

1 Like

Not pushing back at all, I perfectly understand the project is early stages of development.

Oracles are non-trivial to implement, especially for off-chain data. Only major issue I see is, if there is an influx of users, this method won’t be able to scale gracefully.

Work in progress, in the meantime will have some fun testing it out! :+1:

Naturally I can think of Chainlink but there isn’t event-like predictions such as football game. Chainlink likely thought of that but maybe? feel that these game-like and event-like predictions are better done off-chain.

Those are great contributions @Tiago_S and @Gorillaz , thank you!

While is true that there are a few oracles options out there, our challenge in using those is that our community might create predictions that extrapolates the standards. If we are talking about sports and elections that’s fine - standard oracles can support it.

But I believe that the type of predictions our community will propose should go far beyond it. Hence, the community itself shall be the oracle

Love your comments :100:

@jaykeepwin much appreciated. What do u mean community itself shall be the oracle?

Different addresses (say 5 addresses) should be assigned to verify the result, if a majority achieve a consensus than the prediction is settled. There might be flaws in this method but we can create mechanisms to mitigate it, like open disputes and have a council to verify it.

Awesome engagement on that guys.

I’ve been constantly placing bets along the worldcup and very anxious to see whats comes next.

I think its an interesting approach to initially focus on “win/lose” only but as the platform matures will be important to have different types of predictions for a match, such as “Will Messi score?” and things like that.

Team BaaBaaBet here!

We finally launch v0.2 a few hours ago, an in v0.2 we have

1. Custom bet builder, you’ll be able to create bets once you accrue 1000 $Baa DAO tokens
  2. NFL bets, highly requested by Avax BD team :slight_smile:
  3. Chikn NFT claims $Sheep, Owners of certain Chikn NFT can claim $Sheep NFT for free!
  4. EPL bets, English Premier League is her!

Pretty amazing! I’m placing bets on NFL games and luv it