Missing funds after Avax swap (Trust Wallet)

Hi all. Can anyone please help me find/recover funds. I did a swap from Avalanche to Shiba, it seemed to go okay, but the balance is still showing zero Shiba 24 hours later (it has gone from the Avalanche though). The smart contract call seems to say - 7 AVAX was sent successfully. Could it be something to do with approving Shib for first use? Is it that Shib isn’t supported bt Trust Wallet on the C-Chain?

1 Like

In Trust wallet, you may need to add the Shiba token as a custom token so it shows in the portfolio.
Try that, if that doesn’t work, drop the wallet address and we can check on chain to see what happened.

1 Like

Thanks very much. I did add the token (SHIB.e), but it doesn’t seem to show any pricing info. Any advice would be much appreciated, I’m pretty new to the Avalanche network.

Transaction hash 0x784fd4f3e173b61cc9b2a2765fb3957103997f9d6760fad266102cfa71f3ea7b
From 0xa276fa8048c36E3BC32273567188Fc39a509AED5
Contract 0x3c11F6265Ddec22f4d049Dde480615735f451646

1 Like

You can see here in the following screenshot the swap was successful. Now you need to add the contract address of the SHIB.e token into trust wallet so it displays in the UI.

This is Trust wallets guide on how to add a custom token.

1 Like

Thanks. I think I added the token, and it does appear in the wallet, but without any pricing information (shows zero). Also, is that $27.50 some sort of fee? I swapped 7 AVAX to SHIB, so that’s approx $250?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Scammers have already contacted me and tried to get my seed phrase based on this question, they’re certainly quick off the mark!

NB: Thanks for the Trust Wallet link, it did say something about pricing info not showing if the token hasn’t been added to CoinMarketCap? At this stage, I’m happy to swap it back to AVAX if needed.

1 Like

You can share the names and I’ll ban them.

Sure, it was

Sammy17
Avalanche-Techs
Austin Jupiter
WuanMod
ashaad_devv

• All trying the same support/connect your wallet scam. Much appreciated.

Have you got any further thoughts on the Avax/Shib issue. Is there a way I can just swap and get the 7 AVAX back? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Thanks, will get them banned.

There probably isn’t any liquidity for that token, unsure when there will be, just depends on users is my guess.

But Trust wallet handles how they get their pricing so unsure , you’d have to reach out to them about why their wallet doesn’t show the price.
But the tokens are in the wallet.

1 Like

Thanks. Based on what you’ve seen on the blockchain have I lost my funds? I’m struggling to understand how Trust Wallet would allow me to try to swap $300 worth of AVAX for $27 of SHIB? Is the other 90% lost?

1 Like

This article will help explain how liquidity pools work and what happened on your swap.

1 Like

Thanks for your time. Last question… Is that money gone, or can it be retrieved?

2 Likes

Gone, as in lost to slippage yes.

2 Likes

That’s shocking. That was a months wages for me here in South Africa. I wish Trust Wallet wouldn’t allow a swap if you can lose 90% of your funds just like that. A tough lesson to learn.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s part of how Defi works for better or worse. Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

1 Like