Wrapped ether stuck in bridge transaction

I was trying to transfer some Ether to Avalanche using the avalanche bridge and Metamask. Everything seemed to be going fine except for the outrageous fees. I start with .045 ETH. Says I can do the transaction for .037ETH and the rest goes to fees. Steep Price but I’ve gone this far and maybe I’ll learn something so I’m game. The ETH gets converted to WETH … but then I got an error telling me there are insufficient funds for the WETH to AVAX conversion. No problem, I’ll just lower the WETH conversion to cover the fees and get out of this strange fee hell I’ve entered and just get what AVAX I can. No happening. Problem is that no matter how little WETH I try to convert, it says I have insufficient funds. So now I have no idea where my WETH even is. I can see it listed on the Avalanche bridge conversion tool but I don’t see it in Metamask or in my Avalanche wallet. At this point I just want out of this mess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THX

1 Like

Update: I found my WETH in my Metamask Wallet. I’d still like to make this into AVAX to do what I was originally trying to do but maybe I should just cut my losses? Any help on the conversion problem would be great.

THX

So to answer my own question … I needed ETH for the fees. You can’t use WETH to pay them so make sure you have enough gas fees in ETH for the swap to WETH and to AVAX. Next time I’ll just buy AVAX on coinbase and save the 30% :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage: :nauseated_face:. I can see why everyone’s ditching ETH. :fu:

1 Like

Hey thanks man you answered my question i had the same struggle thanks alot i have my weth in ethereum network on metamask but noy showing up on avax network i think i just have to use bridge to send weth to avax but i do not have ethereum left to pay the transaction fee… so you end up paying 2x gas fee when you do this method one to convert eth in weth and one to send weth to avax netowrk correct me if an wrong?