The fees on Avax are becoming a concern

It’s starting to look that if Avalanche were to gain even half the adoption of ethereum , the fees would actually be worse. Recently there are times where it’s 10 times what they were just two months ago. I understand that this is obviously from the price of Avax gaining so much lately, but this is starting to worry me that this platform that I fell in love with just a short time ago, isn’t what I thought it was. If the only thing I can say is " it’s cheaper than etherium", that’s a disaster in the making. I, like most users of the platform, am not a whale and for people like me, ethereum is completely unusable because of the ridiculous fee. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE AVAX TEAM HAVE ANY PLANS TO ADDRESS THIS, HOPEFULLY SOON ?!?!
Thanks, J

1 Like

I am not an avalabs insider, but in the past the fees has been lowered when the price of avax went up (while still keeping some fees there to protect resource usage for validators and keep the bloat out).

So this is possible in the future. Also we should get governance soon were we could vote on these things

2 Likes

There have been spikes in the cost of making a transaction but we’re nowhere near Ethereum level ridiculousness yet. I didn’t look close enough and found later I had paid $14 for one transaction. That discovery told me to slow down a bit and look at the fee estimates before approving. There’s only been one time since that I saw stupid high fees estimated. It said .2+ AVAX which at the time would have been around $26. I canceled the action and waited a few minutes. Next try was .015 AVAX. That’s more like it. :blush:

2 Likes

You might be interested in this article about upcoming changes.
See “C-Chain Fee Algorithm Optimizations” at the bottom.

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses . This is exactly why I write in . you’ve given me some really good info and I super appreciate it !
!!!

1 Like

Hang in there with us, platform changes coming in the next week to mainnet as the above article details. We strengthen this platform together as users. Trip to the moon still on track.

1 Like