Request for dapp: an upvote market

Mike just deployed a very cool Dapp on Rinkeby: a tokenized “upvote” market that rewards content creators and allows the market to express their beliefs/reactions to this content.

And here’s how it works: https://rinkeby.ideamarket.io/help

Currently, Mike uses Compound as the mechanism by which the content creators are rewarded. I think there’s better ways to do this, including enabling a steady minting of personal tokens which are directly issued by the protocol to the creator’s wallet. So, effectively, whenever a content creator creates a new token, all the newly minted tokens go to him/her. If the total amount of yearly tokens minted is 1%, then the content creator can capitalize on up to 1% of the market’s value.

I would love to see this built by someone in the community! I’d love to support the creation through a personal AVAX grant. If someone is interested, let me know.

6 Likes

This is awesome. Would love to see this on Avalanche. Using your own token would definitely give you better control over the rewards, but I do think using Compound to generate rewards helps stabilize revenue so it’s not totally tied to the value of your self-generated token. Maybe the better solution would be to stake them or put them in some kind of Uniswap pool?

1 Like