Introducing Codl.center / Interactive API Reference

Introducing Codl.center

Codl.center is an interactive API reference for the Avalanche-go node. It features the Avalabs official documentation, with the option to send direct requests to your Avalanche node.

We know that developers & power users play an important role in growing a thriving community. On that matter, the first challenge for a young blockchain is to achieve a smooth learning curve.

Codl.center serves the double purpose of getting the job done while gradually memorizing the whole set of methods exposed by the Avalanche node.

The web interface is generated from a set of JSON-formatted API specifications. It can easily be extended to support new blockchain VMs as soon as they get released.

Early release

Codl.center is released as part of the MoneyDance hackathon. This is an early release & some key features are currently under development. Namely:

• Support for EVM API documentation.
  • Connection to arbitrary node addresses. (right now it connect to the local node at 127.0.0.1:9650)
  • Connection to subnet blockchains. (right now API requests only use the default /ext/bc/X and /ext/bc/P endpoints)

Notes

• Codl.center is a pedagogic tool & is not meant to secure large sums of money.
  • Codl.center is a client-side web application. It doesn’t store or send any data except when contacting your node (which should run locally).
  • The source code is available on Github, and the web application is served directly from this repository.
  • The build integrity can be verified by running npm run check from a source repository clone.
7 Likes

Cool! Please keep us informed about new development. Looking forward to new features, especially the ability to specify the IP of the node (my is not on local host, so cannot play with it yet).

1 Like

Release 1.1.0 - 2020-11-21

Added

• UI: Live snippets editing.
  • UI: Add support for custom node URL.
  • UI: Add support for subnet’s exchange chains.

Changed

• Data: Update to documentation v1.0.5.

Fixed

• UI: Work around AdBlock hiding the share method button.

Please make sure to speak to your node through https. :wink:

2 Likes

Great, thanks!

This will push me over the edge to finally set up https on my node. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1.2.0 - 2020-11-25

Added

• UI: Add avax.* methods for the ‘Contract’ API.

Changed

• Data: Merge latest documentation. (Notably adds info.getNodeIP)
  • UI: Improve method parameters sharing. Those parameters are synced across all
    methods (e.g: username, node, …), or in some cases across methods of the
    same API (e.g: changeAddr, subnetID, …).

Fixed

• UI: Fix the default ‘chain’ parameter.

Notes

Last stop before trying to add the complete EVM API set. :slight_smile:
I wonder about feedbacks & if there’s anything you think would be helpful to improve this application?

2 Likes