How Can I transfer Avax From P-Chain To Metamask

Can you help? I attempted to transfer from my Avax wallet to MetaMask but something has gone wrong and my tokens are showing on P chain. I have used the advanced section to get them back onto C-chain? However, I am getting the message ‘nothing to import’. I just need to move the tokens to Meta, where I have already added the token contract address.

Hello,

You sent your Avax tokens on the Platform chain that is used for staking.

You have to execute a cross chain transfer from P -> X then X -> C

At that moment, the tokens will be on C chain and you will be able to execute a simple send transaction to any Metamask address you want :slight_smile:

Regards,

1 Like

Ponay_Avengers: Thank you so much for your very speedy response. Yes, I gathered that I need to transfer them back but how exactly do you carry out the transfer from P to X. I have tried using the advanced option but I keep getting the message ‘nothing to import’? I know it is more than likely that I am missing a huge ‘obvious’. Thanks.

Hello,

In your wallet, choose Cross Chain tab and mention Source = P and Destination = X

Then, do another Cross Chain transfer by mentioning Source = X and Destination = C

Finally, in Send tab of your wallet, execute a normal transaction to the Metamask address :slight_smile:

Regards,

You will use the advanced option, only in case of trouble with cross chain mechanism.

This is only a debug tool :slight_smile:

Ponay_Avangers: Awh, thanks so much. This is my very first time using the Platform and thought I was doing so well until…Many thanks, you are a star! Appreciated.

1 Like

Hi when I’m trying to transfer my Avaxs C Chain to X Chain there is an error ‘Timeout’ how can I transfer my assets to x chain? Also i tried clear cache, different browser.

Hello,

Can you try in " Advanced " tab to click on the different " Import Chain X / P / C " to verify there isn’t anything stuck with your wallet?

Then, refresh the balance and give another try.

If still blocked, can you try to execute the cross chain operation but with only one part of your total amount?

Regards,

Is your issue solved? :slight_smile: